Saturday, March 16, 2013

Deeper We Fall by Chelsea Cameron - 5 stars

I finished Deeper We Fall by Chelsea Cameron - my rate? 5 stars

Zan have I loved, Zack have I hated.  Wow.  I was totally enthralled with Zan and that is what made me obsessed with this book.  He has such a huge heart and is so broken and I just wanted to get my super glue of love and put him back together....and so did Lottie. :)  I was so glad when his secret came out and thought...."hmm secret is out, story is probably over"...Wrong!  SO MUCH MORE HAPPENS!!!  Authors don't always end the story soon enough and I was afraid that is what was going to happen here.  I have read a few books where they continue after the main "dilemma" is resolved and I'm left wondering "why am I still reading?"  This was not the case as I was still captivated with the story.  

I loved this story line, although it was the same good girl/bad boy theme, it has some twists in there that were quite original and I thoroughly enjoyed.  The people in the book were realistic and I felt like I had become part of their family of friends.  Yes, I did in fact read this in the Burger King drive-thru, on lunch breaks, during my favorite TV shows and before I went to bed - and that is why I gave this book 5 stars.

I am very excited for the 2nd book in the series,  Faster We Burn (Fall and Rise #2) - as we get to know more about Stryker and Katie.....<3

Here are a few quotes to make you lust after:

"I couldn't stop looking at her.  Once again, she was the eclipse, drawing me in.  It sounds intense and it is, being drawn to look at someone like that."  - Zan/Alexander Parker

"Sure, she was pretty and fun, but there was something about Lottie.  I didn't know what it was, but I knew I wanted to be around it more than I wanted to breathe." - Zan/Alexander Parker

"Forced myself to stop imagining a world in which she would look at me with anything other than pure hatred and pain." - Zan/Alexander Parker

Conversation between Zan & Miss Carole:
"She's not following me anywhere, unless it's to kill me."
"You always underestimate your charm, Alex."
"Charm can't overcome pure hatred."

"I thought about what he(Stryker) had said the rest of the day.  That once people decided what they thought of you, that was it.  You'd been judged.  You got a stamp on your forehead that you could never wash off." - Zan/Alexander Parker

The story is told from both Zan & Lottie's points of view but Zan's quotes just always got me...plus I'm a sucker for a broken bad boy.  :)

Also....I have always pictured Steven McQueen as my Zan Parker :)  With the dark longish hair (long enough to get your fingers in...which Lottie does... he he) and beautiful dark-brown-melt-me-eyes, he just seems perfect!





If you aren't convinced please share your dream casting of Zan Parker!!











Here are some songs that came to my head as I read:
For Lottie & Zan : Ho Hey by the Lumineers and of course I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons
Lottie: Rise Above This by Seether and Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men
Zan:  All I Wanted by Paramore and Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
Zack: Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin


#deeperwefall
#chelseacameron
#bookquotes
#zanparker

My Scale:

5 stars – made me feel what they felt, was obsessed to the point where I couldn't concentrate at work because I wanted to read.  I wanted to read every free minute possible – even if it was a few minutes in the Burger King drive-thru or the couple minutes I’m waiting for the toaster.

4 stars – I felt what they felt, was moderately distracted at work and read when I could.  Thought about the characters but there wasn't an impulse to read with each beat of my heart.

3 stars – great story, able to feel their emotions but wasn't distracted at work.  I read when I could but not necessarily every night before I go to bed like normal.

2 stars – interesting story, but not pulled in.  Finished the book because I want to know what happened at the end.

1 star – didn’t even finish the book

No comments:

Post a Comment